[R] Average of a variable against another.

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Feb 12 06:04:26 CET 2010

On Feb 11, 2010, at 10:01 PM, Keeeeeeee wrote:

> Actually, the way you did is wrong.
> You ignore an instruction that "the year_1 and year_2 are recorded
> so that a
> plant is alive
> if the year of a question is equal to or grater than the year_1 and
> equal to
> and less than the year_2."

I did not ignore it. You did not explain it well and you also  did not
specify what results you expected. It was ambiguous (and still is)
whether the interval between 2000 and 2001 is one or two years.

> That is, you can't ignore the ages between year_1 and year_2.
>
> The below table is to help you understand what this problem suggests.

No table. Suggest you read the Posting Guide (about attachments).

> Anyways thanks.
> --

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories