[R] Help on loading "xlsx" package

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Fri Feb 12 08:48:08 CET 2010

Steven Kang wrote:

> Im trying to load *"xlsx"* package which depends on *"xlsxjars"* and *
> "rJava"* packages.
>
> All the 3 packages (zipped files) are installed successfully in windows.
>
> I have added "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\client" to the PATH
> variable to get rJava working.
>
> However, the following error message results after inputting
> 'library(xlsx)'
> command.
> ..

I had a similar error message, and got around it by explicitly installing
xlsxjars first, then xlsjars.

Another problem could be a too long path; test rJava separately to find out
if this is a problem in your case.

http://markmail.org/message/xydn74666j6narle

I have added these comments for others, but I am p=0.8 that it won't help in
your case.

Dieter