[R] How to create probeAnno object?

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Sat Feb 13 16:30:24 CET 2010

On 02/11/2010 08:03 PM, AMBUJ wrote:
> Hi,
>             Thank you Viviana for the description to create probeAnno object. The below link was very helpful:
>     http://svitsrv25.epfl.ch/R-doc/library/Ringo/html/probeAnnoClass.html

This is just the help page for one of Ringo's classes. It's available in
R with

  > library(Ringo)
  > ?probeAnno

Have you looked at

  > browseVignettes("Ringo")

? Ringo is a Bioconductor package so ask on the Bioconductor mailing list

  http://bioconductor.org

Might as well include the maintainer in your email, since they're likely
to be the expert

  > packageDescription("Ringo")

and always useful to include the output of

  > sessionInfo()

to unambiguously report the version of R and Ringo you're using. A first
action is usually to update to the latest released R and corresponding
Bioconductor packages,

  http://bioconductor.org/install

> I tried creating the object in the following ways where: startProbe & endProbe are the vectors which has the genomic start co-ordinates and end co-ordinates and index is a vector to store identifier of the probes. intensityData is the vector that stores data to be segmented
>
> Method 1.
>> map<-new("environment",startProbe,endProbe,index)

calling 'new' without naming the second and subsequent arguments is not
likely to create the object you expect. Maybe

  map = new("environment",
             startProbe=startProbe, endProbe=endProbe,
             index=index)

?

>> arrayName<-"2009_01_18_veg1028_w"
>> genome<-"genome"
>> probeAnnotation<-new("probeAnno",map,arrayName,genome)

Here you're probably aiming for something like

  new("probeAnno", map=map, arrayName=arrrayName, genome=genome)

Martin

>> segEnv<-segChrom(intensityData,probeAnno=probeAnnotation,chr="1",strands="+",nrBasesPerSegment=750)
>

> Running 'segment' on chromosome 1.+Error in mget(paste(chrstrd[j],
what, sep = "."), probeAnno) : second argument must be an environment