[R] Dimensional reduction package

Michael Denslow michael.denslow at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 23:46:51 CET 2010

Hi Maura,

> Is there any R package which implements non-linear dimensionality reduction (LLE, ISOMAP, GTM, and so on)  and/or intrinsic dimensionality estimation ?

I am not exactly sure what is meant by non-linear dimensionality
reduction but there is an isomap function in vegan. This is the isomap
of Tenenbaum et al. 2000 and De'ath 1999.

library(vegan)
?isomap

De'ath, G. (1999) Extended dissimilarity: a method of robust
estimation of ecological distances from high beta diversity data.
Plant Ecology 144, 191–199

Tenenbaum, J.B., de Silva, V. & Langford, J.C. (2000) A global network
framework for nonlinear dimensionality reduction. Science 290,
2319–2323.

Hope this helps,
Michael

> Thank you,
> Maura
>

> tutti i telefonini TIM!

Michael Denslow

I.W. Carpenter Jr. Herbarium [BOON]
Department of Biology
Appalachian State University
Boone, North Carolina U.S.A.
-- AND --
Communications Manager
Southeast Regional Network of Expertise and Collections
sernec.org

36.214177, -81.681480 +/- 3103 meters