[R] mlogit function cut off formular

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at uibk.ac.at
Mon Feb 15 12:57:13 CET 2010

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010, Han Qin wrote:

> I'm trying to fit a multinominal logistic model using package mlogit. I have
> 15 independent variables. The code looks like this:
> m<-mlogit(score~0|f1+f2+f3+f4+f5+f6+f7+f8+f9+f10+f11+f12+f13+f14+f15, data,
> reflevel="1")
>
> And it gives the following error message:
> Error in parse(text = x) :
>  unexpected ')' in "score ~ 0 + alt:(f1 + f2 + f3 + f4 + f5 + f6 + f7 + f8
> + f9 + f10 + f11 + f12 + )"

It seems that this happens due to deparsing the formula and then parsing
it again. The package maintainer (Yves Croissant, Cc now) might be able to
say more.

Note that mails like this should be sent to the package maintainer - or,
if they are sent to the list, the maintainer should be at least Cc. See
the posting guide, as mentioned at the end of this e-mail.

Best,