[R] svm and RMSE

Tue Feb 16 16:33:19 CET 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Amy Hessen <amy_4_5_84 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Every time I run a svm regression program, I got different RMSE value.
> Could you please tell me what the reason for that?

Sorry, your question is a bit vague.

Can you provide an example/code that shows this behavior? Is the
different RMSE over different folds of cross validation. Over the same
data? With the same parameters? Is the RMSE significantly different?

Providing an example that shows this behavior would help.

Thanks,
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou