[R] R on MAC OS X

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Feb 16 22:33:52 CET 2010

On Feb 16, 2010, at 2:23 PM, Mestat wrote:

> Hi listers,
> I just got a MAC, so I am trying to use the command READ.TABLE but I
> am
> getting a error that is probably caused by the wrong path that I am
> using...
> The command is the following...
>
> file<-read.table("/Users/Márcio/UdeM/Travail Dirigé/Data/MU284
> Population.txt",header=T,skip=24)
>
> And I am getting the following error...
>
> Erro em file(file, "rt") : não é possível abrir a conexão
> Além disso: Warning message:
> In file(file, "rt") :
>  cannot open file
> '/User/Márcio/UdeM/Travail_Dirigé/Data/MU284_Population.txt': No
> such file
> or directory
>
> I checked already the messages but I didn't find what could be my
> mistake...
> Any suggestions???

1) Post on the correct list:

2a) Include sessionInfo()
2b) if not, then at least tell us whether you are running as a
terminal session or with the GUI.

3a) use file.choose() as your file argument  ... or
3b) click-hold-drag the file icon onto the console ... this should
create a correct folder/file designation suitable for enclosure within
quotes.

4) do not spell R functions with all caps.

--
David.

--

David Winsemius, MD