[R] How to compute heteroskedasticity-robust LM statistic?

roach roachyang at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 08:29:30 CET 2010

Anyone using Wooldrige's Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach?
In the 3rd edition example 8.3, I use the following method to compute
heteroskedasticity-robust LM statistic

library(car)
linear.hypothesis(model,c("avgsen=0","I(avgsen^2)=0")
,test="Chisq",vcov=hccm(model,type="hc0"))

The result is different from the one introduced in the text. The p-value is
also differ greatly from using heteroskedasticity-robust F statistic.
Any thought on this?