[R] Survival analysis

FishR tomworthington at talk21.com
Wed Feb 17 23:32:52 CET 2010

We are looking the extinction of a species of freshwater fish. The logistic
regression was derived by scoring the anecdotal descriptions of the species'
former population size (1 for a positive description of the population e.g.
abundant, and 0 for a negative description e.g. scarce) and plotting this
against time. Therefore it’s the population size relative to t=0. The
anecdotal evidence in not regular and therefore why I used a derived measure
of the population.

We then have the predictor variables temperature, oxygen and river
modification for some of the 1800-2000 time period. Unfortunately the data
is collected in bursts e.g. for the oxygen 1923-1938 and the 1954-1972, so
the missing data will not be random.

Best wishes,
Tom