[R] Use of R in clinical trials

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Feb 18 15:01:20 CET 2010

I really like both of your responses.  To add to Peter's thoughts, I've
found that more than half of SAS programmers can learn modern
programming languages given a push.  And if pharmaceutical companies
ever knew the true cost of SAS in terms of their having to hire more
programmers to deal with an archaic language they would be astonished.
Rumor had it that Pfizer's yearly SAS licensing costs were $14M/year
several years ago.  Programmer costs were probably in the same range.

Frank

--
Frank E Harrell Jr   Professor and Chairman        School of Medicine