[R] skip lapply item for conditions(RAM, execution time)

Joachim Harloff joachim.harloff at joachimharloff.de
Thu Feb 18 17:06:24 CET 2010

Thank you,

but:
- How do I create a condition object watching for memory overflow? Or, alternatively, excess time?
- How do I tell R to end the current lapply item, clean up memory and proceed to the next item? (I know I can write a wrapper function including gc() and direct lapply to that wrapper function. But what do I do to stop ONLY the original function, not the whole R process?)

Joachim