[R] cluster analysis

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Thu Feb 18 23:06:24 CET 2010

Without know what your data set really looks like, I'd look to decision
trees - specifically package rpart and use method = classify.

Your problem may not be appropriate in that environment, but it is hard to
say with limited explanation of issues.

good luck

Steve Friedman Ph. D.
Spatial Statistical Analyst
Everglades and Dry Tortugas National Park
950 N Krome Ave (3rd Floor)
Homestead, Florida 33034

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Office (305) 224 - 4282
Fax     (305) 224 - 4147

             Dong He
             <donghe01 at gmail.c
             Sent by:                  r-help at r-project.org
             r-help-bounces at r-                                          cc
             project.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [R] cluster analysis
             02/18/2010 04:54
             PM

Hi Folks,

I want to apply cluster analysis on a categorical data set,  could you
recommend me some R package and suggestion?

Thanks!

Dong

             [[alternative HTML version deleted]]