[R] Appending Data to A n Existing List...

Jason Rupert jasonkrupert at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 19 02:18:15 CET 2010

Thanks for all the replies!

I think I posted a poor example, but now I understand that you can name entries in a list.  That is really neat.

Before I was just letting them default, which is kind of problematic.

I think I also came across another way and also used the suggestion from Bert Gunter - thanks again:

> example_list<-list(tracking<-c("house"), house_type<-c("brick", "wood"), sizes<-c(1600, 1800, 2000, 2400))
> example_list
[[1]]
[1] "house"

[[2]]
[1] "brick" "wood"

[[3]]
[1] 1600 1800 2000 2400

> cost_limits<-c(200000.25, 350010.15)
>
> example_list[[4]]<-cost_limits
>
> example_list
[[1]]
[1] "house"

[[2]]
[1] "brick" "wood"

[[3]]
[1] 1600 1800 2000 2400

[[4]]
[1] 200000.2 350010.2

> c(example_list,list(CostStuff=cost_limits))
[[1]]
[1] "house"

[[2]]
[1] "brick" "wood"