[R] Use of R in clinical trials

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Fri Feb 19 13:56:03 CET 2010

Bert,
There is a lesson here. Just as intolerance of any statistical analysis program (or system) other than SAS should lead to our being drive crazy, so to should intolerance of
any statistical analysis program (or system) other than R.
John

>>> Dieter Menne <dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de> 2/19/2010 3:46 AM >>>

Bert,

I like your comments. There is one issue, however, that drives me crazy
whenever I meet a customer asking "You are not using SAS? Too bad, we need
validated results."

Bert Gunter wrote:

> Also to reiterate, it's not only
> statistical/reporting functionality but even more the integration into the
> existing clinical database systems that would have to be rewritten **and
> validated**.

Implicitly: Even if you let your cat enter SAS code, the results are
correct, because they SAS is validated.

Dieter