[R] how to make R plot under Linux

K. Elo maillists at nic.fi
Mon Feb 22 19:20:30 CET 2010

Hi!

22.02.2010 19:53, xin wei wrote:

> hi, Kevin and K.Elo:
> thank you for the suggestion. Can you be more specific on these? (like how
> exactly get into x-switch or man ssh). I am totally ignorant about linux and
> SSH....:(     Memory limitation forces me to switch from windows to Linux
> cluster.....

Could you provide us with more information about the software you use
for establishing the ssh connection (i.e. your ssh client). I suppose
you are connecting a linux server (having R on it) from a windows
system, aren't you? And you use a ssh client software, right? There
should be an "enable X11 forwarding" (or something similar) option in
your ssh client application. You should look e.g. in "connection settings".

Kind regards,
Kimmo