[R] how to make R plot under Linux

Vojtěch Zeisek Vojtech.Zeisek at opensuse.org
Mon Feb 22 20:41:00 CET 2010

Dne Po 22. února 2010 19:33:45 Kevin E. Thorpe napsal(a):
> K. Elo wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > 22.02.2010 19:53, xin wei wrote:
> >> hi, Kevin and K.Elo:
> >> thank you for the suggestion. Can you be more specific on these? (like
> >> how exactly get into x-switch or man ssh). I am totally ignorant about
> >> linux and SSH....:(     Memory limitation forces me to switch from
> >> windows to Linux cluster.....
> >
> > Could you provide us with more information about the software you use
> > for establishing the ssh connection (i.e. your ssh client). I suppose
> > you are connecting a linux server (having R on it) from a windows
> > system, aren't you? And you use a ssh client software, right? There
> > should be an "enable X11 forwarding" (or something similar) option in
> > your ssh client application. You should look e.g. in "connection
> > settings".

When I have to work from Windows (i do not like it:-), I use Putty
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ - there is possibility to
enable X11 forwarding enabling using also applications with windows. But here
I can not help - see documentation. Another possibility should be exporting
the graphs to files without viewing and then downloading using SCP or SFTP. Or
it might be possible to use some VNC client and to connect to the server with
full-featured remote desktop. But here more information would provide local
admin.
Best regards,
Vojtěch Zeisek

--