[R] env() for lme4

Marianne Promberger marianne.promberger at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 22 21:22:24 CET 2010

Hi,

> I have been looking at a draft of Doug Bate's book on mixed effects models
> (http://lme4.r-forge.r-project.org/book), and in chapter one (section "1.4.2
> Matrices and Vectors in the Fitted Model Object", to be exact) he refers to the
> function env() for checking the environment of a fitted lmer object.
> [...]
> Similar observations appear to apply to the function profile().

Yes, I believe you need library(lme4a), the development version of lme4.

I think you can get it from http://r-forge.r-project.org

For me the following worked:

install.packages("lme4a",repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

(But then something didn't work with profile() on my particular model
but I forgot what it was -- haven't had time to pursue this yet)

--
Marianne Promberger PhD, King's College London
http://promberger.info