[R] how to make R plot under Linux

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Mon Feb 22 23:24:24 CET 2010

The classic test for a properly set up X11 is to issue the command
    xclock
at the prompt (on the linux box). (this assumes the linux box has
xclock installed, but that is highly likely)

If it works, the X11 forwarding is set up. If not, then, evidently
not, but in the latter case at least you say it isn't R.

-Don