[R] (Somewhat) broken EPS files produced

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Tue Feb 23 02:48:12 CET 2010

On Feb 22, 2010, at 3:50 PM, Wartan Hachaturow wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Marc Schwartz <marc_schwartz at me.com> wrote:
>> It would be helpful to attach the .Rnw SWeave file (if small) or post it someplace that we can look at it, along with any data to replicate your process.
>
> Sure, you can grab both at http://wart.highsecure.ru/report.tar.gz
> (Be warned, though, that it's in Russian, encoded with UTF-8)
> The thing is that it does not work with PDF either, and having a
> broken installation is quite unlikely, since I tried on different
> OSes.
>
> Thanks for your help!
> --
> Regards, Wartan.

Here ya go.

Attached is the final PDF.

The issue appears to be your usage of the 'figsize' and 'tikz' LaTeX packages. I have not used either one of them, but once I commented them out in your preamble, the sequence of processing the resultant tex file worked without error.

There appears to be some issue associated with the sizing and/or scaling of the images when these are present. If I explicitly added the additional [width=0.8\textwidth] (the Sweave default) to the \includegraphics directive in the tex file, that also worked, even with the packages left uncommented.

This worked with either latex/dvips/ps2pdf or pdflatex.

It is not clear to me what the issue is, but presumably there is some conflict with sweave.sty. There may be other package settings that are required to use them or something more subtle. It might be worth a post to one of the TeX groups if you wish to pursue this further or perhaps somebody here will see this and offer additional insights.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz