[R] Question on "Zoo" object

Bogaso bogaso.christofer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 10:52:57 CET 2010

Dear all, I would like to ask two questions on handling "zoo" object

1. Suppose I have following matrix :

 mat1 <- matrix(rnorm(60), nrow=12)

Now I want to create a zoo object with index should represent the month
names for each row. For example first row has index "jan", 2nd row is "feb"
and so on.

2. Again I have a daily time series (zoo object) like

daily.dat <- zooreg(rnorm(500), start=as.Date("2000-01-01"), frequency=1)

Now I want to aggregate the data with standard deviation for each month.
What I mean is that I want to create a zoo time series vector with length
12, wherein 1st element would represent the SD for "ALL" daily data
corresponding Jan, 2nd is for SD from all data corresponding Feb, and so on
upto Dec.

I anyone please help me how to tackle them, I would be grateful.

Thanks