[R] Reading sas7bdat files directly

Chris Long chris at oview.co.uk
Wed Feb 24 15:11:07 CET 2010

No problem, Frank, I'm glad that you think it will be useful.

I will be making changes to dsread in the coming weeks so you may want to
hold off with your helper function in case my changes break it (the
formatting of the variable metadata listing may well change).  Re: the
metadata, feel free to suggest an alternate output format that would make
this a cleaner process.  For example, I have in mind to allow the -c
(contents) and -v (CSV) flags together, in which case the dataset metadata
will be output in CSV format.

Any other suggestions or comments are welcomed.

Chris.