[R] Error message when using error.bars(x,add=TRUE)

fussel anna.seither at gmx.de
Wed Feb 24 15:15:04 CET 2010

Hey hey,

thanks for your answer. Yes, you are right - "beautiful" i something else. I
found that thing in the R-help pages. But it would have been a starting
point...

My dataset consists of almost 1000 individual samples - each of them
analysed for the different elements. I think that the sample is big enough
to do some statistical analyses with. The problem is, that the concentration
of many elements lies below the detection limit and all "<" values were
replaced with one half of their value. This causes a very ugly distribution.
I know that the data don`t become any better by showing the confidence
interval in a different way. I just thought, that parantheses would be more
reader-friendly. But I talked to some colleagues in the office, who do not
have problems with the notched version.

So I finally decided, to keep my boxplots with the weird looking edges =)

Thanks a lot for your help,
fussel