[R] sprintf + integer(0) problem

esmail esmail.js at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 01:49:54 CET 2010

Henrique Dallazuanna wrote:

> You can try this:
>
> cat(sprintf(ifelse(any(grepl(s, nn)), 'found %s in col %d\n', 'Column
> %s not found'), s, match(s, nn)))

Wow .. one can always learn something new .. that looks pretty complex, I
have a bunch of print statements. I was hoping for a simpler solution so I
guess for now I'll just comment out the sections that might cause problems
under 2.8.0 (too bad, because it's useful to have some of this info
displayed - which it does during development/testing, so it's ok).

If anyone has a alternate solution, please let me know. In the meantime I'm
going to try to use this code to determine if I should display the info or
not:

min = version[["minor"]]
maj = version[["major"]]
ver = paste(maj, '.',min, sep='')