[R] Normal distribution (Lillie.test())

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Thu Feb 25 20:38:37 CET 2010

Install and load the fortunes package first, then run fortune(117), etc.  Then run fortune() quite a few times for possible enlightenment (or at least mild entertainment).

Do your NoiseGenerotors need to generate exactly normal data (they don't, see SnowsPenultimateNormalityTest), or is there a level of close enough?  If I remember correctly, you were testing 2000 values, with that sample size most normality tests will find very small differences to be significantly different, even if those small differences are practically meaningless.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org