[R] read.table (trying one more time)

Mestat mestat at pop.com.br
Thu Feb 25 21:10:02 CET 2010

Hey listers,
I've posted this doubt other day... But I am still having a hard time...
I have a MAC and I am not getting how to use the read.table command...
At the bottom of the FINDER application I have the following path:

Macintosh HD>Usuários>User>Marcio>UdeM>Travail Dirigé>Data>MU284
Population.txt

I didn't find out how I could copy and paste this path as it is possible to
do with the Windows. But, it's ok, cause I am trying the following command
with all possible choices, as below:

file<-read.table("/User/Marcio/UdeM/Travail Dirigé/Data/MU284
Population.txt",header=T,skip=24)
file<-read.table("/Users/Marcio/UdeM/Travail Dirigé/Data/MU284
Population.txt",header=T,skip=24)
file<-read.table("/Usuários/User/Marcio/UdeM/Travail Dirigé/Data/MU284
Population.txt",header=T,skip=24)
file<-read.table("/Usuários/Users/Marcio/UdeM/Travail Dirigé/Data/MU284
Population.txt",header=T,skip=24)

I've checked already the forum and I found a similar post that says to use
the command with the following path: "/Users/Marcio/UdeM/Travail
Dirigé/Data/MU284 Population.txt"
But at the bottom of the FINDER application is just USER.
Anyway I tried those options and other... But didn't work...
If anybody could give me a clue... THANKS A LOT!!!
Marcio