[R] Including Rcpp in Eclipse C++ project

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Feb 26 02:57:56 CET 2010

Sam,

On 25 February 2010 at 11:01, Sam Garrett wrote:
| Hello. I am trying to include R in an eclipse C++ project so that I can use
| Rcpp and Rinside. Right now I have R installed on my Ubuntu machine and both
| plugins are installed too. I have the directories of the corresponding .so
| files set in the Project > Properties > Settings Gcc c++ linker under
| Library Search Path. Here is the error that I'm getting when I try to build
| my code:
|
| >    /home/sam/workspace/StockWatcher/Debug/StockWatcher: error while

| >    No such file or directory
|

| Which doesn't make sense because I'm including the file under the settings
| and I've looked at the folder and the file is there. Any help would be
| greatly appreciated. Thank you!

That is between you and Eclipse. If you, say, cd into the examples/ directory
of RInside and say 'make', the example programs will build. Look at what
arguments are computed to g++ and copy those into your Eclipse settings.  Or
else -- use a Makefile which works for several other projects using Rcpp.  As
I do not use Eclipse myself, I cannot help you with its particularities.

Rcpp and RInside have their own 'rcpp-devel' list off the Rcpp R-Forge project.

Cheers, Dirk

--
  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!