[R] Odp: Error in Aggregate function

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Feb 26 15:03:37 CET 2010

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 26.02.2010 10:32:34:

> Hi,
>
> When I run the Aggregate function in repeat loop, I got the following
error:

Why and how exactly you use aggregate in loop?

> Error in sort.list(unique.default(x), na.last = TRUE) :
>   'x' must be atomic for 'sort.list'
> Have you called 'sort' on a list?
>
> How to solve this error. Anyone can help me. Urgent.

Using this weird construction on my data I do not get any error.

for (i in 2:5) print(aggregate(zeta[,i], list(zeta[,"dus"]), mean))
  Group.1        x
1     ano 6.865000
2      ne 6.592727
  Group.1        x
1     ano 6.785000
2      ne 6.635455
  Group.1         x
1     ano 0.9426667
2      ne 0.5016364
  Group.1        x
1     ano 1.345167
2      ne 1.183727

Please provide at least a code, better with some simple fake data.

Regards
Petr