[R] R help question: How can we enable useRs to contribute corrections to help files faster ?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sun Feb 28 14:59:06 CET 2010

On 28/02/2010 7:19 AM, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> The name of the package is at the top of each help page and then
> library(help = myPackage) would get you the maintainer info.  Or in
> place of the last step googling for CRAN myPackage would get to a page
> like this:
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/zoo/index.html
> so it could be done in two steps.
>
> What would be nice would be if the R help systems HTML help page for
> each command had a link to a local version of the above page for the
> associated package (and perhaps the HTML Index page for the package
> would also link to it).  Then it would just be a matter of bringing up
> the help page and clicking on the package name at the top.

Not all of the information on that page would make sense locally.  Some
of it is there to help you decide whether to download the package, or to
actually download it.

The things I see that aren't available in the package index page in R-devel:

  - CRAN checks
  - download links
  - reverse dependencies

Am I missing something?  None of those seem like they'd be sensible locally.

Duncan Murdoch