[R] Error in sink("output.txt") : sink stack is full

Phil Spector spector at stat.berkeley.edu
Sun Feb 28 20:22:29 CET 2010

Amy -
     Apparently (you didn't provide a reproducible example),
you are making calls to sink(filename) without closing the
connection by calling sink() with no arguments (or a first
argument of NULL).  If you're going to keep writing to the
same file, there's no need for additional calls to sink.
If you're writing to several different files, remember
to call sink() when you're done writing to a particular file.

 					- Phil Spector
 					 Statistical Computing Facility
 					 Department of Statistics
 					 UC Berkeley