[R] R help question: How can we enable useRs to contribute corrections to help files faster ?

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Sun Feb 28 23:46:59 CET 2010

On 03/01/2010 05:47 AM, David Winsemius wrote:
>  > maintainer
> function(pkg="") packageDescription(pkg)$Maintainer
>  > maintainer("brew")
> [1] "Jeffrey Horner <jeff.horner at vanderbilt.edu>"

This is a great solution and deserves to go into the utils or tools
package. When I first saw Tal's message, I immediately thought, "How
many times have I seen a typo or poorly worded sentence in the help
pages I maintain, let alone those of other maintainers?" Unless it's a
real blooper, I decide that it's not worth the trouble of tracking the
maintainer down to fix a spelling mistake. An email address that was
obtainable during that brief spasm of motivation would enable me to use
it productively, and even better, might result in other people notifying
me of my mistakes before I manage to notice them.

Jim