[R] cross validation for species distribution

Max Kuhn mxkuhn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 20:42:24 CET 2010

Elaine,

That's a fair answer, but completely not what I meant. I was hoping
that you would elaborate on "the species data of species distribution
models". What types of inputs and output for this particular modeling
application etc.

> Is it the same with the function inside caret, ipred, and e1071 package?

Yes and there are other resampling options other than k-fold CV.

For caret, you might start with this paper:

  www.jstatsoft.org/v28/i05/

That should tell you most of what you need to know.

Max