[R] Odp: multivariate group means

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Mon Jan 4 14:54:20 CET 2010

Hi

I did not see any answer to your question yet so I will try one.

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 30.12.2009 15:41:43:

> Hello,
> I look for a simple command computing multivariate group means and

What is multivariate group mean? Do you mean means of some groups?

In that case you could try
tapply, by or aggregate

> returning an object of class "matrix" rather than "list". Does any

Why? Although matrix is not list you can use both for further processing.
Sometimes it is even easier to handle lists.

> such function exist in standard packages?
> I'm beginning with R, so I'm sorry if the solution is trivial.

> PLEASE do read the posting guide
if you want more specific answer.

Regards
Petr