[R] Building static HTML help pages in R 2.10.x on Windows

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Thu Jan 7 15:05:23 CET 2010

Michal Kulich wrote:
> On 7.1.2010 9:49, Dieter Menne wrote:
>
> I am sorry to say that the new dynamic help is a HUGE nuisance to me. Had to revert back to R 2.9 because of that :-(.
>
> Michal

I too have reverted to 2.9.2 on Win XP because I find html help to be
far less convenient than the compiled CHM help I had before. CHM help is
so much easier because the Contents, Index and Search panels make it
easy to *see* all the items defined for a package, and I get a separate
help window for each package.
I very much appreciate the efforts of the R-core team to move R forward,
but I think the change in help is a step back.

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept.