[R] Reducing the size of a large script top speed onset of execution

Dennis Fisher fisher at plessthan.com
Sat Jan 9 18:36:10 CET 2010

Professor Ripley,

Thanks for your suggestions.  I will look into the package approach.

As far as the "source" speed issue, you suggested that the problem may
relate to guessing encodings so I added:
	options(encoding="UTF-8")
at the beginning of the code (was this the correct approach to the
problem?).  That did not make any obvious difference to the duration
to source the script.  Do you have an specific suggestions that might
speed the process?

Dennis

Dennis Fisher MD
P < (The "P Less Than" Company)