[R] Online R documentation

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Sat Jan 9 19:10:10 CET 2010

Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> Including graphical output in the man pages is one of the eventual goals
> of the new help system.  I doubt it will make it into 2.11.x, but it
> will probably be there in 2.12.x.

This is good news; while I did not love Hadley Wickham's decision to put
documentation of ggplot2 on an external server, I can understand his
rationale that documenting a graphics package in ASCII/Unicode is not a good
idea.

Maybe we should have a small-footprint portable help server that could be
run as a service/daemon without the overhead of calling rterm for 2.10.

Dieter