[R] Plotting numeric values against non numeric items

Anne York york at zipcon.net
Mon Jan 11 16:51:37 CET 2010

Check out the interaction.plot function.

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, lse1986 wrote:

l >
l > Hi i want do a line graph.
l >
l > My y axis contains numeric values. My x axis contains non numeric
l > statements.
l >
l > This is what i want the graph to look like.
l >
l > When i try to plot this graph on R it comes up with the following error
l > message:
l >
l > "Error in plot.window(...) : need finite 'xlim' values
l > In addition: Warning messages:
l > 1: In xy.coords(x, y, xlabel, ylabel, log) : NAs introduced by coercion
l > 2: In min(x) : no non-missing arguments to min; returning Inf
l > 3: In max(x) : no non-missing arguments to max; returning -Inf"
l >
l > Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.