[R] Formula for normal distribution with know mean and standard error and n terms

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Wed Jan 13 19:48:02 CET 2010

Hello,

I am searching for a method to calculate a normal distribution.

For example this equation is used to calculate the normal curve when the
mean and standard deviation are know.
p(x) = (1/σ*sqrt(2π)) x exp (- (x-μ)2/2σ2)

or
(Embedded image moved to file: pic27350.jpg)Normal Probability Distribution
Formula

However, some of the literature I'm reading (I'm building an ecological
niche model for vegetation along several ecological gradients) report the
standard error instead and n sample size.  Is there an equivalent formula ?
If so, how can I also normalize the p(x) term to be within the 0-1 range?

Thank you all
Steve

Steve Friedman Ph. D.
Spatial Ecological Analyst
Everglades and Dry Tortugas National Park
950 N Krome Ave (3rd Floor)
Homestead, Florida 33034

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Office (305) 224 - 4282