[R] Odp: a question about deleting rows

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Thu Jan 14 08:24:05 CET 2010

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 13.01.2010 23:15:05:

> I have a file like this:
> id    n1    n2   n3   n4   n5   n6
> 1      3     4    7     8     10    2
> 2      4     1    2     4     3     10
> 3      7     0    0     0     0     8
> 4      10    1    0     0     2     3
> 5      11    1    0     0     0     5
>
> what I want to do is: only if n2=0 and n3=0 and n4=0 and n5=0 then
delete
> the row. how can I do that?

Why do you complicate things for yourself. Few days ago you wanted put
zeroes instead of NA values. R has quite extensive capabilities how to
handle NA values so

your.na.data <- your.data[your.data==0]<-NA

# returns NA instead zero values.

chosen.one <- complete.cases(your.na.data[,2:5])

# makes a logical vector that is TRUE only if your.na.data does not have
NA value in it.

your.data[chosen.one,] or your.na.data[chosen.one,]

# selects rows without NA values.

Or you can use na.omit, na.rm or other NA handling facility provided with
many functions.

What about to read few pages from R intro manual where you can find how to
start with data manipulation.

Regards
Petr