[R] memDecompress and zlib compressed base64 encoded string

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Thu Jan 14 14:03:17 CET 2010

Hi,

I have zlib compressed strings (example is attached) and would like to
decompress them using memDecompress ...

I try this:
> connection <- file("compressed.txt","r")
> compressed <- readLines(connection)
> memDecompress(as.raw(compressed),type="g")
Error in memDecompress(as.raw(compressed), type = "g") :
  internal error -3 in memDecompress(2)
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In memDecompress(as.raw(compressed), type = "g") :
  NAs introduced by coercion
2: In memDecompress(as.raw(compressed), type = "g") :
  out-of-range values treated as 0 in coercion to raw

Can anyone nudge me into the right direction regarding this?

Thanks, Joh