[R] To add text in a matrix

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Thu Jan 14 16:46:39 CET 2010

In R, see   ?connection    for information about functions similar to
matlab's fopen.

If what you're trying to do is write information and the matrix to a
file, then you can at least get started with something along the
lines of:

   cat('This is my information\nand a second line of it\n',file='myfile')
   write.table(mymatrix, 'myfile',append=TRUE)

See also the sink() function

-Don