[R] R package dependencies

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Jan 13 20:21:18 CET 2010

Hi Colin,

The pkgDepTools package from Bioconductor will help with question #1:

http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.5/bioc/html/pkgDepTools.html

I am not positive on this, but I believe this package is also used to
determine the reverse dependencies that would be listed on that page if
there were any for this package. An example with reverse dependencies is
e.g., the IRanges package:

http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.5/bioc/html/IRanges.html

The maintainer (Seth Falcon) would know for sure if the package will do
reverse dependencies as well.

Best,

Jim

Colin Millar wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> My question relates to getting information about R packages.  In particular i would like to be able to find from within R:
>   what are a packages dependencies
>   what are a packages reverse dependencies
>   does a package contain a dll
>
> The reason i ask is:
>
> The organisation that i work for is introducing a secure intranet operating on windows PCs and laptops, and this requires that all software / executables / dlls are validated before they are combined to produce a generic PC build.
>
> I would like to maximise the packages available to our staff and so for the packages that we have listed as buisness needs, i would like to include all reverse dependencies of this collection that do not have dlls.
>
> I hope this makes sense (the question not the reason).
>
> Kind regards,
> Colin.
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

James W. MacDonald, M.S.