[R] Can I save R graphs as a R objects

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Fri Jan 15 12:00:57 CET 2010

vikrant wrote:
> Can I save R graphs as a R objects ? IF yes then if I click this R object
> can I edit my chart as in Excel.
> Please suggest your views

When you use the graphics functions from the lattice package (e.g.
xyplot) you can save them to a file (see ?save) because it creates an
object that represents the graph. When using the standard plot system I
think this is not possible. But if you have the original data and an R
script to make the graph, you don't need to save the graph explicitly.
When processing the data for the graph takes a long time, you can run
the script to just before making the graph and save all the appropriate
objects to disk. Next time you only need to load your data (see ?load)
and make the plot.

cheers,
Paul

--