[R] Problem with EXtRemes GUI [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Augusto.Sanabria at ga.gov.au Augusto.Sanabria at ga.gov.au
Sun Jan 17 23:28:42 CET 2010

Dear list-members,

I am moving some of my heavy processing to a new machine (running SuSE Enterprise Linux 10 SP2)
and I need packages 'extRemes' and 'ismev'loaded within a BATCH process (to calculate a confidence
interval in a GPD model using the profile likelihood method).
My problem is that when package 'ismev' is loaded it opens a GUI window which makes the machine crash!
Does anyone know how to stop 'ismev' from opening the GUI?

Thanks for any suggestion you can provide.

Regards,

Augusto

Augusto Sanabria. MSc, PhD.
Mathematical Modeller