[R] does any package have the functionality of ace() from old acepack?

GlenB glnbrntt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 11:11:29 CET 2010

I found the old ace function (from acepack) valuable a couple of years ago
in helping to find a transformation of the response to approximate
additivity in smooth functions of the predictors.
ace used alternating conditional expectations, but I'm not overly fixated on
algorithms as long
as it works pretty well.

Is there another package that has that sort of functionality? I haven't been
able to locate one,
but maybe I missed something.