[R] Help using Cast (Text) Version

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 20:43:40 CET 2010

>> If you can point me towards a doc that explains this in simple terms I
>> would be obliged. Don't expect you to have to provide the answer.
>
> Any of the introductory texts should explain the various forms of indexing
> and the use of the apply family of functions. They are both central to
> effective R programming.

See also the plyr package, http://had.co.nz/plyr, which tries to
provide a more uniform interface to the apply family of functions.
I've also tried to document everything in one place, so hopefully it's
a bit easier to learn and to see how all the different functions fit
together.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/