[R] exporting text output to pdf

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Jan 18 21:13:56 CET 2010

On Jan 18, 2010, at 1:33 PM, Dimitri Shvorob wrote:

> Let's revisit my fist post
>
> How can I get a normal-font-sized 'Hello world' displayed on a page,
> with a
> plot underneath, instead of a giant 'Hello world' on one page, and a
> plot on
> another?

I suggested that you look at the wiki and you said it had nothing of
interest. It does, in fact, offer worked examples for various packages
dealing with image formats, and here is one I modified after
installing the ReadImages package:

 > library(ReadImages)
 > pdf()
 > jpeg <- read.jpeg(file.choose())   # I picked the R logo in the
library subdirectory for that package
 > plot(jpeg)
 > mtext("Hello, World")
 > dev.off()

It did what you specified. I think you need to be a bit more diligent
when you are given good advice.

--
David.