[R] does any package have the functionality of ace() from old acepack?

GlenB glnbrntt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 03:05:32 CET 2010

I tried to use transace but it tried to call ace from acepack.

So I re-downloaded Hmisc to make sure I had the latest version
(Warning message: "package 'Hmisc' was built under R version 2.10.1" - I am
running 2.10.0, Windows version running under XP).

looking at transace, it has this:
> if (.R.)
>        require("acepack")

which of course it can't get.

I presume that to get transace to work I have to either get the old acepack
and download it (and hope it still works) or I have to update to R version
2.10.1, but either way it seems a bit odd.  I assume it's my ignorance at
work here rather than some problem with the setup.