[R] question on plot in R with mac

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Jan 19 17:25:59 CET 2010

On Jan 19, 2010, at 10:21 AM, khazaei at ceremade.dauphine.fr wrote:

> Hello all
> My computer is MacBook and I want to draw a plot in R, for example for
> x <- c(1,3,6,9,12)
> y <- c(1.5,2,7,8,15)
> I use this command plot(x,y).

Yes?, And what happened?

> but it dosn't work.

The phrase "doesn't work" should be banned from written discourse.

Please provide the information requesting in the Posting Guide.
sessionInfo() generally provides what you need.

(My guess, if you are using the R- Mac GUI, is that you have not yet
figured out that you need to use the Window menu to bring the default
Quartz window forward. It probably has your requested plot with 5
points despite the 6 element "y".)