[R] Mutliple sets of data in one dataset....Need a loop?

BioStudent s0975764 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Wed Jan 20 17:07:57 CET 2010

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me I am a relative newbie to R.

I have data that is in a similar format to this...

Experiment Score1 Score2
X -0.85 -0.02
X -1.21 -0.02
X  1.05  0.09
Y -1.12 -0.07
Y -0.27 -0.07
Y -0.93 -0.08
Z 1.1 -0.03
Z 2.4 0.09
Z -1.0 0.09

Now I can easily have a look at the overall correlation of score 1 and 2 by
doing this
plot(data[,2], data[,3])   or
fit <- lm(data[,2] ~ data[,3]

BUT! I really want to look at the correlations within each experiment type
so ideally a multiple plot per page of each correlation within an experiment
- and/or a way of looping through the data to get the simple linear
regression for each experiment for scores 1 and 2. This looks like an easy
example but I have thousands of results so it would be really hand to find
away of doing this quickly!!

Let me know if you need more explaining...