[R] S3 tutorial

Thu Jan 21 00:30:17 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't find a tutorial on S3. "Bengtsson.pdf" cites MASS (1999
>> edition). However, I don't think that MASS (2002 edition) clearly
>> explain what S3 is and help a user who knew very little about S3 to
>> quickly understand it. Could somebody let me know if there are some
>> better learning materials to help me smooth the learning curve?

Chapter 7 of The R Inferno talks about them and also directs the
reader to the book:
Software for Data Analysis: Programming with R by John Chambers

But, seeing as how you have MASS already and have read up on S3
classes/methods a bit, perhaps you can elaborate a little more about
what you're having a hard time with?

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou